If you are looking to strengthen your marriage there is no better place to turn to than the Word of God in Scripture. Below are 10 Bible verses to encourage you in your marriage, or to share with your loved ones who are engaged or newlywed.
1. 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
2. Ephesians 4:2-3 Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.
3. Colossians 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
4. Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
5. Ecclesiastes 4:12 Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
6. Proverbs 12:18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
7. Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
8. 1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for each other.
9. Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
10. Mark 10:9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.